A little late in getting this posted, but we hit the Appalachian Trail again this summer. ?It was Kendall and I, plus Mason this time as well as 4 friends from church. ?This trip all got started last summer when I was talking about our trip to Shenandoah and Greg, a guy I go to church with, expressed some interest in doing a section hike. ?10 months, a few planning meetings and a lot of miles in the car later, we were in Pinkham Notch getting ready for what would turn out to be a really challenging, but really rewarding 8 days on the AT.
This hike was a lot different than our previous section in Shenandoah, but as I come off this section (and with the benefit of a few weeks or R&R back home), I can say that it has only strengthened my resolve to through hike. ?Where there is a will there is way.
Mason, Kendall and I say down to record our experiences on the first half of the trip, including:
- A pretty easy first day from Pinkham Notch to Osgood tent site
- A way harder second day over Mt Adams and Madison to get the Perch (with some getting separated and lost for good measure)
- A recovery third day with awesome weather to get great views from Mt. Washington and an overnight stay at Lake of the Cloud hut.
- A very nice fourth day that got us in pretty early at Nauman tent site
- A surprise 5th day that you’ll have to listen to hear what happened…