I guess I am a week late in getting this post up, but trust me I was in no shape to do it on New Year’s day…to much ‘reveling’. So here are my new year’s resolutions, albeit I am already a week behind on living up to them:
- Get back into the swing of things at the gym. I sort of cheated and got started on this one in December, but I am writing it here to remind me in May when the flowers are blooming and its nice outside that I still need to be in the gym at least 3 times a week. I had the illusion that having home work out equipment would fill in the gap of letting our YMCA membership lapse a few years ago and while it is convenient, it is no match for the ritual of going to a gym and exercising with other people. That is especially the case when you have a workout partner, which thankfully Mason has taken an interest in becoming.
- Get my HAM radio license.
- Get my sharp shooter classification in IDPA (stretch goal would be expert, but I don’t to pressure myself too much!)
- Get back to the sporting clays course…didn’t go once last year!
- Go on at least one overnight camping trip with wife, kids and horses.
- Resist the urge to overplan / overschedule our vacation to Europe this summer.
- And last but not least: Desire less – be happy with what I have.
I’ll try to update on how I am doing through the course of the year. NB – I don’t have a resolution about blogging / tweeting / socializing more (or less for that matter). Its working for me at the pace it is now.