I reached a milestone last week and celebrated my 10 year service anniversary with SDRC/EDS/UGS/(Siemens). I received a nice package during the ‘ceremony” (it was a group dinner at the hotel we were staying at for the staff meeting) that has a letter in it with instructions for me to claim my award. I went to the website and found these options:
It immediately occurred to me that this is a giant exercise in profiling. Now I don’t think that everyone is spying on me (except you that read my blog, but that’s spying with permission), but the assortment of gifts is just too strange.
- The Chair the movie
- There’s the safe gift (the globe)
- Then there’s a geek gift (the camera)
- There there’s the slacker / exec gift (golf bag)
- The ever popular “I gotta get something for my wife because I’m gone all the time gift” (the candle sticks)
- And the slightly scary gift (spotting scope…when do I get the rifle, at 20 years?)
So the big question is, which one should I get?